New facility. The electricians ran wire to a location on the third floor but they ultimately need to go to the second floor, so they will run cable from the second floor server room up to the location on the third floor. Tis ghetto I know and I don't understand why they did that, something to do with getting an inspection done. Makes a lot more work for me and the phone guys. Yeah, there is a least as many phone cables as well but I'm not dealing with that aspect.

James

----- Original Message ----- From: "Matthew W. Ross" <mr...@ephrataschools.org>
To: "NT System Admin Issues" <ntsysadmin@lyris.sunbelt-software.com>
Sent: Tuesday, November 17, 2009 2:31 PM
Subject: Re: facilities wiring question

Thinking more on this... Why would you need to connect 50 to 50 cat 5? I'm guessing something was cut?

How hard would it be to re-run the wires? This is a better solution, obviously... but also difficult if the wires all run in different directions.

Can you run wires in bulk, say 25-pair cat5e lines?

Just some thoughts...

--Matt Ross
Ephrata School District