From: Jim Slattery [mailto:jslatt...@medexassist.com]
Sent: Friday, December 04, 2009 10:11 AM
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: RE: New virus trick

I had the same thing happen. several reboots before I figured it out.  Since
then, I run autoruns and go through it with a fine-tooth comb when cleaning
up an infection.  scheduled tasks can be killed from autoruns.

Speaking of tricky viruses, I know someone that swears they didn't give
their credit card information out (I trust this person to not be that stupid
to give a credit card number to an anti-virus window that pops up and asks
for it. and he's well aware he has Norton AV), got a charge from Pope
Software for $40. seems to be one of those same fake AV programs, Pope Green
Defender The bank has refunded their money, and gone after the company, but
this worried me.  Any other user, I'd be thinking they screwed up, but this
person is OCD about money. Anyone else heard of this happening with Pope or
any other fakeAV?

Jim Slattery

Systems Administrator

MEDEX Global Group