John, do you have some formal requirements document that you put together for
these vendors so that they can present you with valid options?

From: "John Aldrich" <jaldr...@blueridgecarpet.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Dec 2009 09:37:44
To: NT System Admin Issues<ntsysadmin@lyris.sunbelt-software.com>
Subject: RE: Symantec Backup Exec System Restore 2010

Thanks. I'll look at them.

John-AldrichTile-Tools

From: Straub, Patrick [mailto:patrick.str...@lanexpert.ch]
Sent: Thursday, December 10, 2009 2:37 AM
To: NT System Admin Issues

Have a look at falconstor products: www.falconstor.com

  _____

From: John Aldrich [jaldr...@blueridgecarpet.com]
Sent: Wednesday, December 09, 2009 15:58
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: Symantec Backup Exec System Restore 2010

One of my vendors is proposing using Symantec Backup Exec System Restore to
mirror two SANs. That seems like it would have a LOT of overhead and would
want to take a backup of the "primary" SAN and restore it to the D/R SAN
every time. Considering I'm trying to do this over a WAN link, and not a
dedicated point-to-point link either, I don't think I want to try backing up
and restoring several terabytes!

Am I mistaken in my understanding? All I want to do is copy the changes from
the "main" SAN to the "D/R" SAN. Would Backup Exec System Restore do that?

John-AldrichTile-Tools

<<image001.jpg>>

<<image002.jpg>>