BESR does not talk to tape drives.

From: Jeff Johnson [mailto:jjohn...@hydraflowusa.com]
Sent: Wednesday, December 09, 2009 1:14 PM
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: RE: Symantec Backup Exec System Restore 2010

John, unless there has been a change since BESR 8.0, you will be unable
to drive your tape library.  I had to go with a combination of BESR 8
and Backup Exec 12.  Using Backup Exec 12 for my tape library.

I absolutely love BESR 8 and use it as my primary D/R software.

Jeff Johnson

Systems Administrator

714-773-2600 Office

714-773-6351 Fax