So, they would have less problems with the system changing domain membership
than with the script being updated to install?

Wow.

From: Jonathan Link <jonathan.l...@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Dec 2009 13:19:11
To: NT System Admin Issues<ntsysadmin@lyris.sunbelt-software.com>
Subject: Re: Thursday Funny Request

Honestly,
I'm not using SA to access databases, neither are my applications.  However,
one of our vendors sets an SA password and then requires Windows credentials
and disables SQL users.  I have no idea why the vendor does it that way,
I've called to complain and have been told that it will be addressed in the
next realease.  In the interim, I don't want to get into a war with a vendor
that goes along the lines, of "you modified our installer script, therfore
you're not supported."  They haven't released an updated script, and while I
do know what to change, it's just not a risk I'm willing to take when I have
a viable, if annoying alternative.

This isn't a niche app, it's essentially our we can't do business without
this software app.