Honestly,

If you are using SA to access databases, you should or the owner of said
application should be flogged mercilessly, along with being tarred and
feathered and dunked in a deep fat frier. That is one of the worse
security issues with SQL, the use of SQL authentication along with
giving SA rights.

Editing a script to install SQL is cake and including the SA password,
which should be different than any other SA password for any database
should be done as a best practice.

That and ripping the local administrators out of the System
Administrators for SQL by default.

Edward Ziots

Network Engineer

Lifespan Organization

MCSE,MCSA,MCP+I, ME, CCA, Security +, Network +

ezi...@lifespan.org