From: Don Ely [mailto:don....@gmail.com]
Sent: 18 December 2009 00:30
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: Re: OT: VLAN question

You're right, I shouldn't say they can't.  I should say they shouldn't
comingle.  Best practice separates them because in theory it's easier to
control and segment the traffic...

On Thu, Dec 17, 2009 at 4:10 PM, Ben Schorr <b...@rolandschorr.com> wrote:

Separate them logically or physically?

I have to disagree that they CAN'T comingle - in a well-designed and
implemented system they can.  We support a site that runs voice and data
over the same network for about 40 users (currently) and it works pretty
well for the most part.

Voice over IP is not really a very high bandwidth operation.  Unless
you're really underbuilt on your infrastructure you should be able to
support it.

Ben M. Schorr
Chief Executive Officer
Roland Schorr & Tower