I had all this fun back in September.  This is a message I saved (thank
you, Bill Mayo and others!):

I would suggest you read some of the articles that I'll link below, but I
will try to summarize to the best of my recollection (without re-reading
myself).  What you are seeing in the registry is not necessarily in
effect.  When
HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\W32Time\Parameters\Type is set to
"NT5DS", the "NtpServer" key is ignored.  The default operation in a
domain environment is that all member computers use domain controllers for
their time source.  Among the domain controllers, the one with the PDC
emulator role is authoritative--this is the one that you should set to
sync from an external, trusted source.

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc773013(WS.10).aspx
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/816042/
http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/windows/xp/all/proddocs/en-us/time_w32tm.mspx?mfr=true
http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc773263(WS.10).aspx

--
Richard D. McClary
Systems Administrator, Information Technology Group

John Hornbuckle <john.hornbuc...@taylor.k12.fl.us> wrote on 01/07/2010
08:37:21 AM: