Down clients could be handled by DHCP as far as the DNS but I would have all
of them go through a restart after the changes are made to DHCP just to
force things to work.  Servers I would put on the new DNS servers before
anything else just to get them done but that assumes you are statically
assigning IP addresses for them.  Once all of them are reporting to the new
DNS servers dump the old DNS servers.

Jon