No problem, Andy... hijack away. :-) I was looking at Blackberry's website and
it appears that you are correct in the statement that the only option is BIS
from the cell provider, contrary to what the Verizon tech tried to tell me.

-----Original Message-----
From: Andy Ognenoff [mailto:andyognen...@gmail.com]
Sent: Monday, February 01, 2010 12:19 PM
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: RE: Blackberry server pricing

If youre on a POP/SMTP solution I think your only option for Blackberry is the
BIS service you get from your provider. Im in the same boat (no-Exchange) and
BIS isnt great either because, at least in my limited research, you cant force
outgoing messages through your own SMTP server which is a requirement for us
for archiving purposes. Anyone have ideas on that besides moving to Exchange
like the OP, cost is a factor.

(John  dont mean to hijack your thread but I think this will come up for you in
your research as well.)

 - Andy O.