Is this a physical machine or a Hyper-V VM?

Cheers
Ken

From: Jason Gauthier [mailto:jgauth...@lastar.com]
Sent: Wednesday, 3 February 2010 5:30 AM
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: Windows 2008 - Page file

All,

    I've hit a road block.  I'm trying to set Windows 2008 (x64) to use a page
file on the D: drive. However, it just does not seem to want to comply.

First, I used the built in GUI tools.  I set the C: drive to 800-1024, and the
D: drive to 34000.  I committed my settings with "Set" and rebooted.
After reboot, C: was set to 800, but nothing was changed on D:.

I verified in the registry, and the settings are accurate. (Also in the GUI
still)
I've check drive permissions, but they seem to be in order.

So, I removed the page file on D: and I attempted to set it with wmic:

wmic.exe pagefileset create name="D:\pagefile.sys"
wmic pagefileset where name="D:\\pagefile.sys" set
InitialSize=17000,MaximumSize=17000

Both commands came back successful. I rebooted.   Nothing on D:, but the GUI
and registry setting complement each other.

I removed the page file from C: and tried to set it on D: only.  After
rebooting windows reports that a temporary page file was created.  Sure enough.
On my C: drive is a page file that is 16G (the equivalent of physical memory)

I've tried other drives that I attached as well.  Same situation.

What is going on here?  I appreciate the help.

Thanks,

Jason