I don't necessarily agree that this is a bad idea. If you extend the
warranty, ensuring that the response time is what you need, and
potentially replace the spinning bits (drives, fans, etc.), I think
you should be fine.

However, this assumes that the server is redundant in the usual ways:
appropriate RAID config, fully redundant power supplies, failover
NICs, etc.

Kurt