On 18 Feb 2010 at 20:50, Harry Singh  wrote:

> Forgive my ignorance, butI'vebeen a Dameware user for over 6 years and
> I have a very simple query for RDP users out there. Dameware, as does
> VNC, allows you to connect to a desktopsynchronouslyso you can see the
> user's actual Desktop as it appears for them -- is that an option while
> using RDP ? if yes, how would i get that done ?

There's a command-line option that allows you to connect to the console of the
remote machine, I believe it works like this:

C:> mstsc /v:SERVER /console

Microsoft Windows XP - Mstsc
http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/windows/xp/all/proddocs/en-us/ts_cmd_mstsc.mspx

Not sure if it works the same in connecting to an XP desktop, all I can do is
suggest you try it out.

> In an attempt to cut costs, Dameware is slowly approaching the
> proverbial chopping block.

UltraVNC works perfectly for me.

--
Angus Scott-Fleming