On Sun, Feb 21, 2010 at 13:22, Martin Blackstone <mblackst...@gmail.com> wrote:
> +1.
>
> Kind of makes me sad the guy thinks he admining DHCP. I mean really,
> how often do you touch it?
> I would just say that if you have a corp standard, follow it. Be it
> Windows or any other flavor. Pick one and standardize (which you have
> done). That's a hard argument for someone when 90% of the company is
> already following it.

Understood and agreed. He's fighting the loss of control, I suspect,
more than anything. Standardization is a good thing, though, and it
may come down to that.

I think I'll ask him to quantify the amount of change he's seeing in
his environment, and why setting up a pool of leases won't suffice,
along with a helpdesk ticket to set up reservations if he needs them.

Kurt