Thanks for the reply, Phil.  However, I had pretty much done all that.  I did
note, however, then when I tried to change to 10/half or 100/full, etc., the
nic kept reporting 1 gig.  It would be up for 5 seconds and then drop the
connection.

Date: Thu, 25 Feb 2010 12:45:04 -0500
Subject: Re: Cisco 4510 & Intel NIC's
From: philip.brothw...@gmail.com
To: ntsysadmin@lyris.sunbelt-software.com

Take a look at this.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/switches/ps700/products_tech_note09186a00800a7af0.shtml

On Thu, Feb 25, 2010 at 11:37 AM, paul d <pdw1...@hotmail.com> wrote:

We recently swapped out our 4006 for a 4510. I am having some problems with a
couple of newer pc's with INtel Gigabit NIC's. The connection comes up for
about 3 seconds and then I get a cable unplugged.
Cisco logs doesn't show anything.  I've upgraded the NIC to the newest driver
along with the BIOS.

I've set switch to 1000/F, 100/F and Auto Neg and then setting the NIC to match.
This happens on more than one blade on the 4510. BTW, all ports are gig.
Is there something with those Intel gig NIC's that I'm missing? Some setting
perhaps?

My pc is running at 100 with an Intel 100 NIC.
Thanks.

http://clk.atdmt.com/GBL/go/201469227/direct/01/