From: Evan Brastow [mailto:ebras...@automatedemblem.com]
Sent: Wednesday, March 03, 2010 4:17 PM
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: Disk configuration in new server

Hi guys.

I'm looking at this server:
http://www.cdw.com/shop/products/default.aspx?EDC=1723415 to be our next
Exchange 2010 Enterprise server (currently running 2003 Ent. on 7 year
old hardware.)

What I'm wondering is, if I wanted to have a separate RAID array for the
1) OS and Exchange  2) Exchange data  3) Exchange logs... then do I need
3 RAID controllers? I've never set up multiple RAID arrays on a server
before.

Or do I even need to separate them out? Storage is not a big concern,
but speed is.

Thanks,

Evan