Assuming you don't plan on ever using shared storage for your exchange
databases, you don't need 3 RAID controllers at all. I've yet to run ex2k10
but continue to hear about the tremendous boost in I/O irrespective of the
RAID setup from some reputable sources. That being said, I would at least
configure a RAID 1 and whatever best suits your budget for the databases.