From: Palmer, Neal [mailto:npal...@uwic.ac.uk]
Sent: Thursday, March 11, 2010 4:47 AM
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: Windows 2008 HW Sizing

Hi all,

I'm looking for info on Windows 2008 recommendations for hardware
sizing/multiple DC configuration based on a approx 10,000 users, but that
splits into 2000/8000 on different subnet/Vlans. I see Microsoft has a lot of
white papers and I am about to embark on the Google research, but thought I'd
throw this out there as you guys/gals always have experience and extra gotcha
knowledge. We're merging one site into another, from W2K3 DC's and home folder
storage on some DC's, into a W2K8 DC and separate SAN home folder storage
setup. AD will point to the SAN, so no overhead on home folder disk access
anymore. It's basically the IP services, etc, related to my 10,000 users.

Any tips/recommended sites to check out?

Much obliged!!

Neal

Neal Palmer
Senior Technical Support Officer

Systems and Communications Services
Information Services Division
UWIC, Cardiff, Wales, CF5 2YB

UWIC
Mysite<http://mysites.staff.uwic.ac.uk/Person.aspx?accountname=CAMPUS\cc0078>

P SAVE PAPER - Please do not print this e-mail unless absolutely necessary