From: Jay Dale [mailto:jay.d...@3-gig.com]
Sent: Thursday, March 18, 2010 9:59 AM
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: RE: 1gbps+ traffic?

The infrastructure and technology have always been there.  It’s only been a
matter of what was available for consumers.  The ISP’s control the bottleneck.
As I mentioned in the National Broadband thread, my ISP is AT&T.  A year ago
their max speed was 16Mbps.  A year later their max speed is 24Mbps.  AT&T
didn’t go out and remove all of their fiber for new, faster fiber in a year.
They control what speeds go where, thusly they control their profits.  Just as
they tried to charge for upload and download limits, which could still go into
affect even though it originally bombed, they have the capability of
manipulating the infrastructure to provide price points based on upgrade sales
and promises of increased speeds.  This has been going on for years.

Jay Dale

I.T. Manager, 3GiG

Mobile: 713.299.2541

Email: jay.d...@3-gig.com <mailto:kandy.luk...@3-gig.com>

Confidentiality Notice: This e-mail, including any attached files, may contain
confidential and/or privileged information for the sole use of the intended
recipient. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that
any review, dissemination or copying of this e-mail and attachments, if any, or
the information contained herein, is strictly prohibited. If you are not the
intended recipient (or authorized to receive information for the intended
recipient), please contact the sender by reply e-mail and delete all copies of
this message.