My provider gave me fiber to the house and a network port (it was 10mb, but
they raised it to 20mb just cause).  They said after verifying it worked I
had to give them a MAC address and it was my problem.  Servers on the
network?  Sure.  Static IP Address?  $3 provisioning cost and then $3/month
(recently raised to $5/month).  When my firewall system finally died, it was
a 15 minute call to get them to change the MAC address.

I love my ISP.  If I ever move, it will be to an area with the same ISP and
power company.

Steven