From: N Parr [mailto:npar...@mortonind.com]
Sent: Thursday, March 25, 2010 3:31 PM
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: RE: Equallogic and Sata

I've had a PS5000 for a little over a year and just added a PS6000.
Both are running SATA drives.  Unless you're going to be running highly
IO intensive DB operations then there's no need to even think about
anything other than SATA.  I have our production and test SQL
environments, 40 VM's (3 hosts), file shares and a few other things
running on ours.  Our SQL performance literally doubled when I moved the
DB's from local SAS 15k Raid 10 array to my PS5000 configured with Raid
10.  When we got our second array I reconfigured everything as raid 50
to get more space and performance stayed just the same.  Actually it
improved because it's virtual storage and adding a second physical array
just added another 16 drives so now my data is spread across all 32
drives and 4 controllers.  If you don't mind me asking what $ are they
quoting you?