Our VDI needs are so low that we're not maxing out a single array. We're
just doing business apps. But I still find the read/write ratio is between
50/50 and 20/80 instead of the 80/20 I was expecting. Considering a write on
raid5 generates 4 backend iops means that the difference on an assumed 10
client iops is upwards to 32 - 16 = 16 backend iops per client more than I
had initially counted on. Scale that to 100 clients and you might max out an
array far earlier than you were expecting. Or not, depending on the VDI
technology and desktop usage.

I'm advocating going slow, measure and don't assume that a client doesnt use
any iops.

-Anders