VIPRE and CSE both interfere with these as they are remote control apps
(VNC, RADmin, etc).  You need to go into VIPRE's settings and exclude
them.  (If they get whacked anyway, it's pretty easy to retrieve and
restore them.)

NOTE TO ALL: When you first install anti-malware, be sure you set it so
that threats are sent to quarantine rather than deleted!!!

--
Richard D. McClary
Systems Administrator, Information Technology Group

richardmccl...@aspca.org

P: 217-337-9761
C: 217-417-1182
F: 217-337-9761
www.aspca.org

The information contained in this e-mail, and any attachments hereto, is
from The American Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals® (ASPCA
®) and is intended only for use by the addressee(s) named herein and may
contain legally privileged and/or confidential information. If you are not
the intended recipient of this e-mail, you are hereby notified that any
dissemination, distribution, copying or use of the contents of this
e-mail, and any attachments hereto, is strictly prohibited. If you have
received this e-mail in error, please immediately notify me by reply email
and permanently delete the original and any copy of this e-mail and any
printout thereof.

"Angus Scott-Fleming" <angu...@geoapps.com> wrote on 04/03/2010 02:02:56
AM:

> On 2 Apr 2010 at 11:09, Ray  wrote:
>
> > Anyone have experience with Kaspersky? I think the quote (I'm not the
only
> > one getting info) came from Dell (ASAP software), was apparently very
> > attractive. But of course that doesn't tell me anything about
> their product in
> > the real world.
>
> It's running on one client of mine, installed by the former IT guy
before the
> company split in two.  I don't have access to an admin console so I
> can't tell
> you about that part.  Seems to be fairly light-weight in the interaction
I've