Thanks. We're using SCCM for remote control. Any kind of "disruption" of
that would result in mutiny.

-----Original Message-----
From: Angus Scott-Fleming [mailto:angu...@geoapps.com]
Sent: Saturday, April 03, 2010 12:03 AM
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: Re: Vipre vs Kaspersky

On 2 Apr 2010 at 11:09, Ray  wrote:

> Anyone have experience with Kaspersky? I think the quote (I'm not the only
> one getting info) came from Dell (ASAP software), was apparently very
> attractive. But of course that doesn't tell me anything about their
product in
> the real world.

It's running on one client of mine, installed by the former IT guy before
the
company split in two.  I don't have access to an admin console so I can't
tell
you about that part.  Seems to be fairly light-weight in the interaction
I've
had with the machines.

It interferes with remote-control stuff, you have to disable some of its
"self
protection" functionality to get true remote access using VNC or RAdmin.

--
Angus Scott-Fleming
GeoApps, Tucson, Arizona