I use Netbackup and vRanger (ESX) for backups at 2 different sites.  I
hate tapes, so I just set up some iSCSI LUNs and back up to that.
Once a week we copy the Netbackup (or vRanger) images to a couple
large USB drivse and send them offsite.

Works pretty well.  Actual file copies can be slow, so I use Netbackup
duplicate feature for the NB images and Netbackup to backup the
vRanger images to the USB drives.  This can be done during the day on
the backup server so the backup window can be large if needed.

Disk images are great.  Faster backup times, faster restore times, a
lot more portable (no taking a tape from one site to another then
rescanning the entire damn thing), no tape relates issues, no stuck
libraries, etc.

My example uses Netbackup, I'm sure ntbackup/2k8 whatever backup will
work just as well.

Seth