I'm trying to come up with guidelines for me Service Desk guys when creating
group accounts. When to use Domain Local is easy, I'm less sure about when we
should use Global vs. Universal. Distribution lists need to be Universal, but
is there any reason in a mid-sized environment to use Global groups at all? I'm
wondering if we can get away with just Domain Local and Universal groups.

I have a good idea what the difference between the two groups are, I'm just not
sure when I should use Global instead of Universal. I know Universal group info
goes to the GC and there's some traffic involved, but with 2003 FF level it
should be minimal.

All comments welcome.
David Lum // SYSTEMS ENGINEER
NORTHWEST EVALUATION ASSOCIATION
(Desk) 971.222.1025 // (Cell) 503.267.9764