Ok. I've sent him a link to a wireless network card for his PC from NewEgg.
I'll advise him that, for legal reasons, he needs to get someone else to
install it and hook up the network to it.

John-AldrichTile-Tools

From: Andrew S. Baker [mailto:asbz...@gmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, April 15, 2010 3:00 PM
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: Re: Ethics issue

There are times when it is far more helpful NOT to help someone.
Especially not the way they want to be helped.

This is one of those times.

You need to be as far from this train wreck as is humanly possible, unless
you have a desire to be a co-defendant in a subsequent lawsuit.
Seriously.

This is one of the few times that every single person in an NTSYSADMIN
thread has essentially given the same advice.   You would do well to heed
it.

Any assistance you feel compelled to provide to him should be done verbally,
and should consist primarily of, "Here is a person that you can speak to who
might be able to help you..."     If that.

-ASB: http://XeeSM.com/AndrewBaker

On Thu, Apr 15, 2010 at 2:46 PM, John Aldrich <jaldr...@blueridgecarpet.com>