From: Mayo, Bill [mailto:bem...@pittcountync.gov]
Sent: Wednesday, April 28, 2010 12:08 PM
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: RE: The finer points of NTFS ACLs (was: Software installs on
new PCs)

+infinity

We do exactly what you describe, and I always have issues (mostly when
doing file migrations due to server moves) related to people copying
files from one secured directory to another and the permissions not
getting updated.  When the permissions are set to inherit from parent,
it seems to me that Windows should re-assess that on a file copy.

Bill Mayo