Both Apple and Microsoft are on board with HTML5 - which eliminates the need
Flash altogether.

From: Mayo, Bill [mailto:bem...@pittcountync.gov]
Sent: Friday, April 30, 2010 10:17 AM
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: RE: Steve Jobs on Flash

He's talking about the browser.  Like Microsoft, Apple includes a bug report
capability when an application crashes, so I believe that they know what
they are talking about when they say Flash causes the crash (regardless of
the Adobe CEO's dismissal of the notion).  As I understand it, this is the
reason that Apple updated webkit/Safari to isolate plug-ins in their own
process, so that when Flash crashed, it didn't take down the browser.

  _____