On Fri, Apr 30, 2010 at 11:09 AM, Joseph L. Casale
<jcas...@activenetwerx.com> wrote:
> Easy on that reco, partimage support for ntfs is far from perfect.
> In fact, you can't go down in size when cloning a partition.

  I've never had a problem with partimage.  I've also never had a need
to downsize an image, though.  But then, going to a *smaller* hard
disk is pretty rare.

> Aside from ghost (which pretty well is flawless) the next best "free"
> thing is probably imagex properly configured for _windows_.

  Is ImageX available for Windows XP?

> Its faster than dd ...

  Using dd or other programs which are not aware of the filesystem you
are using will always be much slower, since

> It's just not a true "image", if that matters.

  That statement worries me.  What does ImageX actually do if it's not
a "true image"?

-- Ben