From: Jonathan Link [mailto:jonathan.l...@gmail.com]
Sent: Monday, May 03, 2010 2:18 PM
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: Re: Print Server suggestions

Tell me how security permissions could solve the following problem.  I'm
interested, it's academic now, but I'm still interested.

Student schedule
8:00-8:50      Room A15
9:00-9:50      Room B12
9:50-10:50    Room C19
10:50-11:50  Room A12
11:50-12:30  Lunch
12:40-1:30    Room A16
1:40-2:30      Room A10
2:40-3:30     Room A08

Limit student's schedule to allow printing in the room specified for only the
period specified.  Multiply by 1200 students.
On Mon, May 3, 2010 at 2:59 PM, Ben Scott
<mailvor...@gmail.com<mailto:mailvor...@gmail.com>> wrote:
On Mon, May 3, 2010 at 2:51 PM, Jonathan Link
<jonathan.l...@gmail.com<mailto:jonathan.l...@gmail.com>> wrote:
> When I worked in a high school, an advantage to not using a print server at
> the time (NT 4 and Win 2000) was the fact that I could localize printing to
> the room the computer is in very easily, by limiting which printers were
> installed on the computer.  To my knowledge, there isn't anyway to do that
> with a Windows print server and printer sharing.
 Security permissions?

-- Ben