From: Jon Harris [mailto:jk.har...@gmail.com]
Sent: Monday, May 03, 2010 3:47 PM
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: Re: Print Server suggestions

I have setup and managed 2003 and 2008 print servers in a research environment
and found that the 2008 were much more stable and would reliably allow both XP,
Vista and 7 to connect and run.  They were setup very generically with nothing
fancy being done.  Vista and 7 always had the printers assigned and ready by
the first run if I setup the GPO which was much easier done in 2008 as well.
XP would connect but the user had to find the print server first.  I believe
there was a patch that fixed this issue but at the time XP was either being
fased out or were where they would sit until replaced.

Jon
On Mon, May 3, 2010 at 1:48 PM, Kennedy, Jim