I've had issues with Netgear, D-Link, and Linksys/Cisco consumer routers.
 It seems most are only good for about 18-24 months and then need to be
replaced.  I do like the Linksys GUI best but that's probably just because
I'm more familiar with it.

But for $50, it's not worth the time to mess with them if a simple reset
doesn't allow you to connect.

Die dulci fruere!

Roger Wright
___

On Mon, May 10, 2010 at 10:17 AM, John Aldrich <jaldr...@blueridgecarpet.com
> wrote:

>  This weekend, I spent about 4 hours working at a client’s site (side job)
> trying to get their desktop to link up to their existing wireless router
> (Netgear.) I never succeeded and I was also unable to get my Dell laptop to
> talk to their wireless router. After fussing with it for over  2 hours, I
> went to Walmart and bought a WRT54GS2 Linksys wireless (same exact model I
> have at home) and hooked it up. Instant success.
>
> Long story short – if I ever have a job where I can’t get the wireless to
> connect, and the user has a Netgear wireless router, I’m not even going to
> spend time on it, I’ll just tell the client I’m going to go buy a different
> router that **will** work and get another Linksys.
>
> Just thought I’d pass this along for anyone who’s looking for a new
> wireless router. J
>

> [image: John-Aldrich][image: Tile-Tools]

<<image002.jpg>>

<<image001.jpg>>