>  Anyone care to give recommendations in the small business/SOHO
>accounting product space?  QuickBooks is very common, but also rather
>expensive, and in the past I've had horrible experiences with Intuit
>customer service, and I've learned that "most common" does not mean
>"best".

Stay away from Intuit, they have the most incompetent support you'll ever
find. I have had the misfortune of dealing with their people for their
enterprise products and home products and the popularity of their product
has forced them to farm their support overseas which in itself is not an
issue but the fact that the people doing it have zero computer skills and
read canned responses of a list that don't always fit.

The next problem is escalating, it usually just doesn't happen. When it did
for me only once, it was hardly any better and incredibly ignorant.

I hope you do find an alternative, and if you do, let me know:)

Just last night I was researching getting QB on a terminal server and found
a tech support response to the older versions needing Admin Rights for an
admin that refused to give users admin rights on his terminal server:

"Build a non Active Directory Integrated terminal server so the threat is
contained"

Lol, right on;)
jlc