My office uses WLM for communication to supplement email and telephones.
That battle is lost.  But the next battle is to log communications through
that medium for legal purposes.  My Google Fu has been less than encouraging
as the popular opinion is that since there are no GPOs for WLM and since the
reg keys needed are encrypted and unpredictably variable, it wouldn't be
possible to turn on logging with Group Policy.

So what I am asking is:  Does anybody know how to, or have a strategy to
administratively turn on logging for Windows Messenger?  Or will I just
have to disable it if we ever become involved in a lawsuit?

What I need to do is turn on message history and prevent users from turning
it off.  Ideally this would be something I could turn on or off as needed.

Any insight would be appreciated,

-Bill