On Wed, May 19, 2010 at 4:44 PM, John Aldrich
<jaldr...@blueridgecarpet.com> wrote:
> Seriously... while more fans won't always help, they are unlikely to hurt as
> long as they are oriented properly.

  True enough, but "oriented properly" is a big caveat.  For example,
if you have just two case fans, one intake, one exhaust, and the
intake is blowing right at the exhaust, it's likely that all the
airflow will be only between those two fans, and the rest of the case
will be mostly dead air.

  You may think I'm belaboring the obvious, and maybe you're right,
but I've seen several cases with just this sort of design stupidity,
so apparently it needs to be belabored.  :-)

-- Ben