The event logs on the workstation(s) and DCs for one...

Shook

From: richardmccl...@aspca.org [mailto:richardmccl...@aspca.org]
Sent: Tuesday, June 01, 2010 8:54 AM
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: AD account - weird problem

Greetings!

I got an emergency call MON regarding one of my users (a poison center agent).
She was unable to log into any of the workstations in our network.  Other
agents were able to log into her primary workstation.  She was getting the
"usual error" that the password was incorrect (and to check the CapsLock key).

I used ADUC from my workstation to reset her password.  Still no access...

I tried ADUC from two different domain controllers, and tried setting different
passwords.  Still no access...

I also checked her account properties.  The "login hours" were set to full
access, 168 hours per week.  The account is not locked.

Domain is Windows 2003 "Native" (not R2).  Workstations are all WinXP Pro SP3.

Before I bring out the big artillery (delete her account, re-create it, and
then re-assign permissions to all her files, shares, etc), what else to check?

Thanks...
--
Richard D. McClary
Systems Administrator, Information Technology Group

richardmccl...@aspca.org

P: 217-337-9761
C: 217-417-1182
F: 217-337-9761
www.aspca.org<http://www.aspca.org/>

The information contained in this e-mail, and any attachments hereto, is from
The American Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals(r) (ASPCA(r)) and
is intended only for use by the addressee(s) named herein and may contain
legally privileged and/or confidential information. If you are not the intended
recipient of this e-mail, you are hereby notified that any dissemination,
distribution, copying or use of the contents of this e-mail, and any
attachments hereto, is strictly prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in
error, please immediately notify me by reply email and permanently delete the
original and any copy of this e-mail and any printout thereof.