Kind of a chicken & egg problem, seems like.  Your network guy is right as
far as that technically goes, but I'm with you.  If DNS goes down, that
needs to be the first order of business, since your business will start
grinding to a halt anyway.  I'd feel silly, pinging a server and not know
that DNS was failing.

David

Are you better off than you were
four trillion dollars ago?