Close....this does indeed do a /F but I need the sector checking to happen as
well. I am trying an SMS push of CHKDSK /F < y.txt   (with the appropriate text
file of course).

Dave

From: Free, Bob [mailto:r...@pge.com]
Sent: Tuesday, June 01, 2010 9:06 AM
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: RE: OK boys and girls, how do you go about...

You could script setting the dirty bit with fsutil-

fsutil dirty set C:

If a volume's dirty bit is set, this indicates that the file system may be in
an inconsistent state. The dirty bit can be set because the volume is online
and has outstanding changes, because changes were made to the volume and the
computer shutdown before the changes were committed to disk, or because
corruption was detected on the volume. If the dirty bit is set when the
computer restarts, chkdsk runs to verify the consistency of the volume.
Every time Windows XP starts, Autochk.exe is called by the Kernel to scan all
volumes to check if the volume dirty bit is set. If the dirty bit is set,
autochk performs an immediate chkdsk /f on that volume. Chkdsk /f verifies file
system integrity and attempts to fix any problems with the volume.