True - it uses UDP. But, for my smallish environment of about 40
servers and about 200 users in this site, it's "good enough" - mostly
because the price is right. Essentially free. I use the open source
Intersect Alliance Snare and Epilog clients and purchased the Kiwisoft
syslog server years ago for about US$100 - the latter is installed on
a spare workstation, and that's and running an ancient copy of Servers
Alive are its only jobs in life - I'm working on implementing Nagios
in FreeBSD in my copious free time at work, so I'll probably get that
implemented about the time the sun expires...

Kurt