I saw very little difference on a laptop with an Intel SSD.  Maybe 5%
less disk speed using ATTO.

From: Ken Schaefer [mailto:k...@adopenstatic.com]
Sent: Friday, May 28, 2010 8:47 AM
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: RE: laptop encryption

Bitlocker has a huge impact on high-performance disks (e.g. SSDs). On
the plus side, Bitlocker has the management tools in place for recovery.

It's all when and good to use disk-level encryption or TruCrypt (I use
the latter). But if you have 10k+ machines to manage, you need
centralised recovery management...

Cheers

Ken