Plus, regardless of what I tell people to do/don't do, some are still going
to do whatever they want, either on purpose or in ignorance and I don't
think I can take that position and feel good about being in compliance...
"was the missing data encrypted?"....  "NO".  was there phi on it?  "I don't
know" would have to be the honest answer".  I don't think "there wasn't
supposed to be" works.