When making significant changes to a DHCP scope, I always start way ahead of
time and gradually reduce the lease time to something ridiculously (but
appropriately) short - even on the order of 5 or 10 minutes in some cases.
 When the time to flip the big switch rolls around I can be well assured
that all the clients are updated within the lease period after I make the
drastic change.  It takes a small amount of planning, but this approach
hasn't failed me yet.

All that said, I pretty much agree with Ben's response.  A DHCP client, is a
DHCP client, is a DHCP client.  Whatever implementation of the protocol that
client uses shouldn't change whether its leased IP is either a reservation
or truly dynamic.  After all, how would it know?  What I hadn't considered
is the notion that a DHCP server might dole out longer lease times to
clients with reservations than to dynamic clients within the same scope.  I
guess it's possible, but it pretty much flies in the face of the rationale
for having a DHCP reservation vs a true static IP.  I'm pretty sure the MS
DHCP role doesn't do this, but I'm happy to be corrected if wrong.