Does this solution not have any kind of captive portal? No add-ons or anything
available?
Cisco loves to sell add-ons don’t they?

-----Original Message-----
From: Kurt Buff [mailto:kurt.b...@gmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, June 08, 2010 4:29 PM
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: OTish: Wireless network configuration

All,

We've got a decent wireless network at $WORK, but I'm dissatisified with it,
because it lacks good guest access.

We have 18 Cisco 1240ag WAPs talking with 3 HP POE switches, which currently
are in our HP 3400cl layer 3 switch on our production network. There's a single
SSID across all of them, and I've got them all configured on a single VLAN.
Works great, but as mentioned there is no guest access.

I could just stick them all physically outside our firewall, and give the
wireless users an IPSec VPN client, but I really would prefer not to do that.

I've been doing some reading, but don't have a good handle on how to move to a
configuration that would work well - without the VPN, that is.

I'm casting about for ideas - anyone have a solution they like?
Preferably without spending tons of money, of course.

Kurt