In this case the equipment is known from a marketing brochure the vendor
provided:

Hatteras HN4000 at the telco
Hatteras HN400-CP at our facility

I'll dig further into what the service back to the CO is like, and the
vendor has also provided some local customer references.  If we move in this
direction I'll also provide an update.

Cheers,
RS