<snipped>
> Therefore my little world of searching isn't turned upside down
> because some college graduate at Google suggested this feature as a
> way to appeal to a "younger and more captive" audience.
</snipped>

I think this is EXACTLY what happened, and the problem.  Some over
entitled shot hot graduate from some prestigious school gets their
start with Google.  Immediately wants to change things because
everyone has told them their whole life how great they are, and their
ideas are the best.  Google execs think, never mind our years of
actual experience and wild success, we should listen to this!

Fail.

Eric Brouwer
IT Manager
www.forestpost.com