From: Ziots, Edward [mailto:ezi...@lifespan.org]
Sent: Wednesday, 16 June 2010 7:10 AM
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: RE: Time to verify your IIS setup

SQLI and Blind SQLi are fun... You just need to go to some OWASP meetings, it
will start to make a lot of sense, that and scare the living crap out of you,
on how poorly web applications are written and how much they are relied on to
access very sensitive information in the organization. Plus a poor written web
app actually increases your attack surface within the organization due to the
multitude of people that can hack at the web interface that couldn't do that as
easily through traditional thick client solutions. ( Not saying the Thick
client is better)

Now think of how secure or basically insecure your Sharepoint sites are and
possible SQLi/XSS vulnerabilities lying in those beasts, and it seems to be the
new craze in collaboration, but what about the information stored in the
website itself? Who can access should it even be in Sharepoint? Can you encrypt
it at rest? Lots of interesting scenarios and fun questions abound..

Now that will make ya head hurt sometimes...

EZ

Edward Ziots
CISSP,MCSA,MCP+I,Security +,Network +,CCA
Network Engineer
Lifespan Organization
401-639-3505
ezi...@lifespan.org<mailto:ezi...@lifespan.org>