This was a backup using Windows 2008 Server Backup tool.  It does a shadow copy
backup basically.  I have NEVER done a restore using this program yet, only
just started using the Windows 2008 Backup tool (I mostly use Symantec
BackupExec for my major server, but this smaller one we opted for Window 2008
Server Backup tool built in to the OS).

No software raid. ALL hardware RAID.  RAID 1 for the OS, and a single disk
(RAID 0) for the backup drive (there is NO drive letter for this drive as
Windows 2008 backup tool somehow controls the drive WITHOUT making a drive
letter... its kinda odd)