Good questions/points, John.

It certainly isn't the right fit for everyone, but it was a good fit for us.
Within healthcare, we have some specialized applications as well, and you
either dictate that help desk requests for those apps get forwarded to your
internal support team, or you spend time with the solution provider training
them on the idiosyncrasies. The thing I like about NWN is that you actually get
technicians, not just a pretty voice on the other end of the phone that takes
notes and says, "I'll have someone call you back". Like training a new hire,
training the help desk provider would take some time as well, but in the end
you can end up with some better documentation than what you might have had if
you had stuck with an internal Help Desk solution. You know how shoemakers'
children sometime go without shoes? So it is in our world. We intend to
document, but it doesn't always happen because of a new fire over here and then
we rarely get back to the documentation...

These guys understand Exchange, AD, Citrix, VMware, etc. so if your environment
consists of these things, then you may be well served to look into them. If you
are HIGHLY specialized, then they may not be a good fit, but you never know.

Jonathan L. Raper, A+, MCSA, MCSE
Technology Coordinator
Eagle Physicians & Associates, PA
jra...@eaglemds.com<BLOCKED::mailto:%20jra...@eaglemds.com>