On Thu, Jul 15, 2010 at 9:24 PM, Steven M. Caesare <scaes...@caesare.com> wrote:
> I had a chance to play with NT4.0 on a 4-CPU Alpha box back in the day.
> Not a lot of appas available for it wither (hence the FX!32
> emulation/dynamic compile layer), but it _SCREAMED_ at the time.

  Yah, the Alpha was a sweet platform.

  I remember someone telling the story that their i386 program was
faster on an Alpha running under FX!32 emulation than it was on native
i386 hardware.

  Compaq buying DEC was a sad moment in computer history.
Unsurprising that DEC failed -- their marketing was horrible, and
their sales practices not much better -- but still sad.

-- Ben